I'm having technical difficulties getting my pictures downloaded off of our camera. So...I thought I'd back up a bit and post some pictures of Spencer's super fun 6th birthday party (that I should have posted like a month ago).
He wanted a Star Wars themed party, so I looked up some party ideas online and got some fabulous ideas! We did some star wars games that were fun, but the BEST part was the homemade light sabors FOR SURE. Of course, they got to take them home. And they only cost $.50 each to make! Not that's a cheap party favor.
You take a pool noodle (which Las Vegas still has at the dollar store...even in November) and cut it in half. Then you tape duct tape on the bottom and use a black marker to detail it. I got the ideas and supplies, and Cal made them. They are so fun! They were a huge hit. Spence invited a few of his friends (all boys), and we had them bring their little brothers, too, 'cause you can't leave little brothers out! How is it that they ALL had a little brother? (There was only one sister in the bunch). We must be drawn to families with boys or something.
Cal was the 'Jedi Trainer' and they kids followed him around the field doing stunts and rolls and praticing fighting. It was so entertaining. I'm not sure what was funnier...watching the boys get into it, or watching Cal get so into it. And though there were a few minor injuries, for the most part the boys could beat the heck out of each other without having to sign a waiver form first. :)
Two weeks later I still saw one of the younger brothers dragging his light sabor along side him on his way to school. It was tattered and had chunks of foam missing (from the dog, the mom says). But he still carries it everywhere!
Cal the Jedi Trainer
Jedi Training Completion picture
(Grant is in the back w/Cal. Grant was developing a fever (which we discovered when we got home, poor guy) and wasn't too happy. I should have known if he didn't want to play and run around like the other kids that he was getting sick....a sure sign that illness is on it's way.
Our friend Luke even got creative withe the garbage bag and used it as a cape.
Eating cupcakes and...veggies. His birthday is right after Halloween, so I always try to serve something healthy at his parties. (I know, I'm a mean mom). The kids didn't really touch it, but the adults devoured it!
Spencer opening presents.
5 comments:
Such a good idea! I wish I had a little boy to throw a light sabor party for!
What a fun party and a cute family! We miss you guys! I'm so happy to discover that you are bloggers so we can see pictures of you all and catch up on your activities. We have a blog too. Come check it out when you get a chance.
shelleyandjake.blogspot.com
We'll see you after Christmas if you are in Vegas and coming to some of the BC events.
First, we can't believe that Spencer is 6!! And second, we're so bummed we weren't at this party!! It looks like SOOO much fun!!!! I might have to steal your ideas and use them in a few years! Miss you!
Man, I wish we could have been there! That looks like so much fun -- and I'm so jealous you were able to have a birthday party outside! Kinley's mental guest list is growing exponentially and it's going to make this next birthday party interesting!! But at least Justin won't be having tax season during it. Maybe he can help, ha ha ha!
Post a Comment