I'm usually one of the last to hear about anything new, so I'm guessing everyone else already knows about Pandora Radio. But in case you haven't, it is my newest favorite holiday thing! You can use it for any genre of music, but I am especially enjoying it for Christmas music. Choose a favorite song, artist or genre, and it will create a playlist for you of similar songs you might like. I currently have 5 different Christmas stations. Rockin' Christmas, MoTab, Jim Brickman, and a few other lists that I can listen to whenever from my computer. I get lots of Christmas music (for free) and I never get sick of any one song. Try it out!
Last night I had it on 'Christmas piano classics' (by David Huntsinger -O Christmas Tree) while we were redecorating our tree. Yes, when Cal came home and tried to fix the base of the tree (nothing a little duct tape can't fix!), the tree tipped and hit the wall...and our tree was decapitated. No joke! The top third snapped right off. Luckily we had an extra tree in our garage that we'd been 'meaning to give away.' It's smaller, but will do the job just fine this year. Anyway, most people sing the words to 'Santa's Coming to Town' as, "Making a list, checking it twice..." We sing, "Setting up the tree, decorating it twice!" I'm sure we'll be remembering this Christmas tree incident in future years. (It will be known as 'The Year Mom Set up Lazer Beams to Protect the Tree.') Cal still remembers tipping his Christmas tree over trying to climb it with his sister Rachel.
I feel like an advertisement for Pandora Radio. "No matter what crazy holiday memories you're making, Pandora Radio is always there for you- in the background!" Seriously, you should try it out.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My sister introduced me to Pandora and I love it too!! I always listen to it while I am on the computer.
I love Pandora but never even thought of using it for mellow music or Christmas tunes. You just opened up a whole new avenue for me, so thank you, Bethany.
Sounds like it's the year for x-mas tree disasters. Mine fell over twice and shattered some of my favorite ornaments. So this year, we have decorated the tree THREE times!
Thanks for the Pandora tip, I've been having fun with it all evening! Love the Christmas tree picture... so fitting for the story ;)
Post a Comment