I am writing this down so that I don't forget some of these little moments...
Spencer's Quote of the Day:
So this was my conversation with Spencer in the car today as we were listening to 'Safety Kids."
Spence- "Mom, it's a good thing I heard about Safety kids BEFORE we came to Las Vegas."
Mom- "Oh yeah? Why is that?"
Spence- "Cause if I hadn't already learned about how smoking is bad for you, I think I'd just be a smoker by now. 'Cause there sure are a lot of smokers here."
Grant's Quote of the Day:
So I decided to be a good mom and do an activity with Grant while Spence was at school and Dallin was sleeping. I thought I'd pick something we both enjoy, so we started making zucchini bread together. Grant was very into it, measuring, pouring and stirring to his little heart's content. When it came time to put the vanilla in, I searched and searched but I could not find any vanilla! I got distracted looking for the vanilla and began cleaning out the pantry. Boy, was I ever feeling energetic. I hadn't tackled a project like this since before the baby was born! So I scrubbed and threw out old food....and found a packaged muffin mix...at which point I realized that I was supposed to be baking with Grant. Oops. So we poured the mix, stirred in oil, eggs and water, and began pouring the mix into the muffin tins. This is the point when Grant became very distraught. VERY distraught.
"Mom!" he whines. "What about this?" he asks holding up a zucchini. "We don't need that," I say, not really bothering to explain that the absence of vanilla (which I later found in the completion of the pantry clean out) has rendered zucchini bread impossible and the boxed mix will have to do. "Mom!" Grant says sternly, waving the zucchini at me. "You forgot the bukini. WHAT ABOUT THE BUKINI!?"
Either he has heard the word bikini (gosh, does he already know what that is?) and it's in his brain floating around, where the similarly sounding word 'zucchini' became confused with the green vegetable, zucchini, OR it was just a harmless fluke and we all got a good laugh out of it and it means nothing. Like our friend Josh that used to say so innocently at dinner, "Dad, please pass the porn!" How can corn and porn sound so alike? Anyway, it was a fun day in the kitchen, despite the fact that in the end, the zucchini was left untouched. And gosh that pantry is looking good. At least the top 2/3. After that I burned out and collapsed of exhaustion and ate 5 or 6 boxed muffins with Grant, leaving the kitchen in shambles.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You boys kill me!!
Mmmm.... muffins sound REALLY good right about now. Must...not...binge....
Post a Comment