Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Birthday cake

Monday was Spencer's birthday. Spencer picked out a cake to make with me for family dinner. We baked it together and iced it. It was one of those white cakes with sprinkles mixed throughout, topped with chocolate icing.

As I was washing dishes after dinner, Spence said to me ever so nicely:

"Mom, I don't really want to hurt your feelings, but that cake wasn't very good."

I WANTED to remind him that he had picked it out himself, but I just laughed instead and agreed wholeheartedly. Oh the brutal honesty of kids. :)

3 comments:

Megan B said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer!!!! (You little turkey....)

Cairen said...

Oh that is so cute! Him and Sienna have the same Birthday! What an awesome day!

janet said...

I love those honest comments.. they don't really want to hurt our feelings, but they can't keep it in! So cute that he picked out his own cake.