So Dallin's 2 month check up was today. (Actually, he's 2 1/2 mo...I was a little behind on scheduling). This little chunk weighs 15 lbs!!! No WONDER my back keeps going out! He's a monster! He is in the 100th percentile for both height and weight. I have NEVER had a baby even close to this big. Grant (who was born 6 weeks early) was a measly 9 lbs or so at this age. Dallin just may well be the giant of the family. He may be younger in age, but like my brother-in-law Jay, end up twice the size of his older brothers. :)
It reminds me of a something my husband told me shortly after we got married. We were sitting in church when suddenly Calvin leaned over and said excitedly, "Honey, our kids are going to be big because of you!" Since we were in public, I refrained from slapping him. What he so innocently MEANT to say was that if our kids have any chance of being taller than him, it will be through my genes, as I have towering brothers over 6 feet tall. Well, honey...I'm gonna take all the credit. :)
I was so proud of my super nutrient breastfeeding skills, I treated myself to In-N-Out Burger. Mmm.
This picture is from a month ago, but you get the idea of his chunkiness.
4 comments:
#1 -- I LOVE Love Comes Softly! Cry cry!!! Weep! Thanks for loaning it to me!
#2 -- Your little fatso is SOooooo cute.
#3 -- Calvin. Oh, Calvin. So swee, so pure, so totally oblivious :)
Funny that I was going to say the exact same things as Megan. I love Love Comes Softly and own it myself.. not many people have ever heard of it.
I LOVE your little fat baby and I have yet to have one! My side of the family is YOUR side of the family and I am pretty sure Aaron has said something along the same lines of Calvin. Men.
Anyway, we will have to get together soon. Do you have my number or should I email it again? I will call you sometime next week. What are your Thanksgiving plans?.. I will email you! Cute pictures! I love Grant and his big smile. He looks like a Clawson to me.
Wow! He is one big, healthy cutie!!! You should take credit, you must be giving him pretty good stuff!!!
Question: Did they do a TV special movie on "Loves Comes Softly"? I saw that and liked it. Perhaps I should read the book.
Anyway, your kids are so cute. Love the pictures.
Bethany,
It's so fun to read your blog. I can appreciate your conversation with Calvin about body size, because I distinctly remember talking with Mark about our chubby Sage, and he said "I think Sage got my face and your body." So nice to have a husband!
Post a Comment