I've been trying to remember these funny things my kids said recently, and I've got to write them down because my brain only has so much memory! :)
GRANT:
Before bed, I was telling the kids about how Christmas trees used to be decorated with popcorn strings and real candles, etc. Spence asked why we don't use real candles, and I said, "Well, what would happen if the candles fell over?" Spence made a fiery explosion noise. "Grant? Grant?" Grant is off in la la land in his bed. "Grant, do you know what would happen if the candles on the tree fell over?" Blank stare...then, "Um, dinosaurs would come?"
SPENCER:
On the way home from a fabulous gingerbread-making FHE with my cousin Janet and her 3 boys, Spencer randomly asked me if we could get a pool heater like our neighbors so we could go swimming when we get home. I told him that they were probably pretty expensive ( I have no idea how much those things are, but either way, swimming in Dec is not on my to-do list). Spencer, the ultimate problem-solver said, "Can't we just have one emailed to us? You know, get on the computer and have them email it to us? Then we wouldn't have to pay for it." ?!
GRANT:
This is what Grant has woken up saying the past two mornings (still half asleep, but very adamently):
"Mom! Mom! I didn't get any chocolate cake!"
and...
"Mom, I was supposed to get a pink candy! You didn't let me have a pink candy!"
This puts a whole new meaning to the words, "visions of sugar plums danced in their heads!'
SPENCER:
I'm holding Dallin and we're playing outside with the kids on the block and I ask Spencer to check on Grant, who has disappeared inside the house in search of a snack. Half way to the house, Spencer turns around and says in his best exasperated voice, "It's not like you're pregnant anymore, Mom."
(Note- It tooke me a full 5 min to recover from this one. I had to bite my toungue and wait to talk to him about this one until after I had had a time out, or I was likely to say something stupidly cliche like, "Boy, I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it!" Luckily our chat went well AFTER I had let the emotional shock wear off. Spencer apologized after I explained WHY you shouldl NEVER say that to ANY woman!) :)
GRANT:
"Mom, I just love you so much I want to punch you in the face!"
GRANT:
"Mom, my bottom itches. I think I ate too much candy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha ha ha! Your boys are TOO funny!
Cool blog! This is the first time I seed it. I'll check back.
Dadoo
Priceless!! My favorite is the dino one. HIlarious!!!
I had little tears in my eyes after reading Grants latest comments...I love three year olds.
I want to see Grant with 2 year old Isaac from Becca's brood. Just turn the camera on and let 'em roll--they'd be a scream.
Oh my! I just laughed so hard over these comments! They are my favorite thing to post and read on others blogs. I LOVE the pregnant comment! Ha! And you know, sometimes I love my kids so much that I want to punch them in the face! That is too funny!
oh, and i will be searching through my photos for the worst ones ever...I am sure I have plenty!
Post a Comment