Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our first visit from the Tooth Fairy

Spencer lost his first tooth! If only I could explain how excited Spencer is about it. Most of his friends have already lost a tooth or two and Spencer was patiently waiting his for his turn. (I am grateful he didn't do anything drastic, like giving in to one of his classmates who was offering to punch people in the mouth...for free even! Sadly, one of our little friends took him up the offer and she ended up with a bloody mouth...and a slightly loose tooth).

So on Saturday, I pulled his tooth. His new tooth had already mostly grown in, and I decided it was time to go. A little dental floss and out it popped! (Cal was seriously scared for him. Chicken!) It also helped that when Spence let Grant feel how loose his tooth was at dinner, Grant did more yanking than touching. So I have to credit both Grant and myself for the tooth pulling.

Here he is examining his tooth. Very interesting indeed!



The dollar brougt by the tooth fairy. Cal says it is a 400% increase from when he was a kid. That's some serious inflation, tooth fairy! Spencer's money collection is getting full.



Dallin also had a first this week. Up until now he hasn't been able to put food into his own mouth. It's a whole new world, baby! Who knew such power was at your fingertips.

He also discovered his feet and thinks they are tasty too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all your pictures and your cute boys. We will have to set up our kids someday!

janel said...

With Spencer's business mind, and excitement about that $1 (clearly evident in the photo!) one wonders if he might be planning something with the remaining loose teeth in his mouth? Or for Grant's teeth? : )

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erica said...

I love all of the discoveries at your house this week! Dallin looks so happy with himself...you gotta love that. Finally, the tooth fairy pays $1 a tooth?!?!? Holy Cow times have changed. Thanks for the heads up!

Shelley said...

Congratulations to Dallin and Spencer!