Saturday, May 17, 2008

Girls/Boys Night Out

Thanks to those of you who responded to the previous post. I'll be addressing that topic and others like it again later. For now, something a little lighter...

Last night Cal took the boys (minus Dallin) to a fathers and sons camp out at Lake Mead. He couldn't actually stay overnight because he had to be back at work, but they boys had a great time getting dirty, playing in water and eating tin foil dinners. (Note- Grant only had one near-death experience in the water. That's about average for a fathers and sons activity right?!) Grant was so exhausted he slept in 'til 9am this morning. Spencer stayed overnight with his friend and came back this morning. (Thanks Norths!). He went straight up to the tub to soak off the dirt, then climbed into bed and is currently asleep!!!! Spencer doesn't stop unless he is sick (that's usually how we know he's sick, actually) or physically exhausted. He must have had a great time.

What did I do with my glorious night off? I took a break from 'guest-prepping' for the weekend and I joined some girls for a girls night out. We ate lots of junk and played the Wii. I discovered I am horrible at tennis, but can almost kick butt in bowling. Oh, and you will feel really, really embarrassed if you play Mario Kart and you keep running into walls and off cliffs and everyone is laughing at how much you stink until 5 min later you haven't gone 5 feet and every one's starting to wonder what your problem is and you just wish everybody would stop staring because you're trying really, really hard.... AND THEN you discover you've been operating the controller upside down. Phew. That was a good laugh.

Now we're ready for the crazy, fun bombardment of family this weekend. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Now for my happier comment!:) How fun for the boys and I am glad that you got a night off. We all need girl time every once in a while!

Megan B ♥ said...

Girls' nights ROCK!! CAN'T WAIT TO DO THEM WITH YOU VERY SOON!!!!

Seriously? Upside down controller? That's great :)