I just saw a blurb on the news (on cnn) about a police woman in china who was called to duty after the quake. She left her 6 month old son with family and came to help. What she found were hungry babies who's mother had either died or who's milk had dried up from shock and/or lack off resources.
This police woman in china saved the life of 9 babies...by breastfeeding them! At first I thought, "EW!" But as I watched her interview and heard her speak (while holding an infant) about how her heart ached for those starving children who needed nourishment and how she could provide it, I forgot about the 'EW' factor. With over 55,000 people dead in China, and 4,000 orphans, I sure hope there are other women like her looking out for the little ones.
So my hat is off to the police woman the local news in China is calling "The #1 Mom."
(I tried to find an article about it on CNN.com, but couldn't locate it. If you find it, let me know.)
*Update- Thanks Megan for the link!
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=7929731&ch=4226714&src=news
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great story! Love it!! Here is the clip
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=7929731&ch=4226714&src=news
That is AWESOME! Props to her!
Wow! Very cool story.
Post a Comment