Friday, November 20, 2009

A little peace and quiet

A few nights ago, this is our what the back seat of our car looked like on our family drive. Very close quarters, kids easily within reach of each other to whack, tickle, poke and all other forms of torture/fun. It was a very noisy drive- as it always is. I often find myself yelling at the kids to stop fighting or poking or shrieking (even when it's in fun) because it is just SO loud! They just can't keep from touching each other. It's too tempting



When we came home, THIS is what the back seat of our new (used) car looked like:


It was SILENT the whole drive home!!!!

CAN I JUST SAY I LOVE MY VAN!

Spencer is excited about all his personal space, Grant and Dal are enthralled with the movie, and Cal and I actually had a peaceful, uninterrupted conversation the entire way home.

When the kids first got in the car, Spence said, "Hey, let's all sit in the back together!" I just laughed and said, "Um, NO!" :)

We waited to purchase a bigger vehicle until we ran out of seats, and with the coming of our new little guy, we'll need another seat. Not to mention our car had over 180,000 miles (which made for risky traveling), car doors that were stuck shut, and lots of other features that I tolerated for as long as I could. Farewell old car. Yeah for vans! (My favorite feature is the automatic door. Heaven!!) I love it when you find a car that's 5-6 years old and has been only driven by an elderly couple. Score!

(By the way, if you're looking for the coolest, least slimy salesman you've ever met, ask for Kevin Burns at the Orem Honda Dealership. We went to him based on a recommendation, and I'd recommend him 100x over. Thank you Kevin! Here's to clean, honest salesman that don't make you want to puke...)

4 comments:

elopingcamel said...

Congrats! Good-lookin van.

Sarah said...

whoa, you're a minivan drive now?! i don't know if i can talk to you anymore :)

The Kohler Family said...

Before we had kids I swore I would NEVER EVER drive a minivan. Now that I have one, I dont think I could ever go back! They are just so roomy and convenient. I can't tell you how many times I would have to pull out of a parking spot just to get my kids in the car because the car next to us parked too close..sliding doors...LOVE THEM!!

janel said...

I know all about three kids in the backseat!!! It's why we have sworn to never take car trips over 45 minutes again until we get a minivan.