So far this summer Spencer has gotten up almost every day and completed his daily chores before I even get out of bed. This morning he came in bright and early to ask me if he could play the computer because he'd already finished his chores. I was half asleep trying to process what he was saying. (I've never been able to keep up with this kid- not since the day he was born!) I asked him if he had unloaded the dishwasher. Spencer said, "Yeah. I already did that. But I think we need a new dishwasher. They all had googies on them except for like 3 or 4 dishes!"
It took me a minute to put it all together. Light bulb! I had forgotten to turn the dishwasher on the night before. He basically unloaded a dirty dishwasher and put most everything back into the sink, except for a few 'clean' dishes which he put away. Ha ha. Kudos for trying, eh kiddo?
(and yes, the dishes had to be reloaded and the 'clean' ones retrieved).
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
HA! I love reading about your boys. They are so hilarious! Lately Jacob has been getting up and dressed before I do too. A few days ago I discovered he had worn his favorite Spiderman underwear three days in a row!
Funny! Sounds like you got a good laugh out of it at least. ;)
Is Spencer for hire? And I love your summer plan, by the way. It's just what I needed to hear...I was dreading summer one day into it. Perhaps a play date with us could be in order?
googies huh? good for you for training him to empty the dishwasher, that has got to be my second least favorite chore EVER. very least favorite is vacuuming!
WOW! I am so impressed that he does it all on his own! Even more that he recognizes "googies" when he sees them!
Post a Comment