Saturday, August 11, 2007

Still waiting...

To everybody's surprise, Cory Baby #3 has yet to show himself. We were so geared up for another early birth, that now I'm feeling incredibly impatient...though I technically still have another 2 weeks until my due date. What a psychological mind game. Ug....

Meanwhile, Spencer has learned to swim WITHOUT floaties!!!! Very big accomplishment. He can swim the width of the pool quite easily. It's amazing to see him actually swimming. He is so determined.

Don't expect him to be brave, however, when it comes to getting shots. I took both boys to the doctor for check ups and Spencer's school shots. Grant had no problem getting his shots, though he gave the nurse (who had been so fun up until this point) a confused look that said, "Hey. I thought you were gonna do something fun." Still, he didn't complain. Spencer, however, required the help of 2 nurses to hold him down. You could hear him screaming down the hall! Finally, this large balck nurse came in and grabbed Spencer's face and said, "Son, you have got to calm down right now. I have to get back to work. We all have to work. Now sit tight and relax, do you understand me?" He calmed down a bit, but she had to keep talking to him like that while we all held him down. He was so mad! Wow. What an experience. The whole ride home he kept repeating what the nurse had told him about not needing more shots until he was 10. "How long until I'm 10 mom? Did she mean 10th grade or 10 years? How many birthdays is that from now?" Yikes. I hope he gets over his shot-phobia before he ends up serving a mission far, far away. :) I was hoping the whole experience would put me into labor. No such luck...

1 comment:

Jenna said...

The shots story cracked me up. Good luck the next time!! I HATE waiting at the end of pregnancy! Good luck!