This is Ms. Pascual. She and Spencer really clicked. She was so enthusiastic as a teacher. And dramatic. Spaniards are very dramatic and a little over the top! I swear Spence was her teacher's pet (he's not teacher's pet in English!). She was such a fun teacher and she raved about how well Spence did in her class. Spencer cried the day he learned she would be moving back to Spain.
From the first day of school, these 3 boys have been buddies. They are nothing but trouble together and are extremely silly. Both the other boy's parents are from Russia, which I think is so cool. I see them almost daily at school drop off and pick up. They make me laugh.
Ms. Pascual gave all the kids her address in Spain so they can be pen pals. She gave Spencer a handful of addresses and said, "You, Spencer, have to write me in Spanish!" She was always raving about his ability to read Spanish. She said he reads in Spanish better than the Spanish kids do. Crazy, smart kid. (He didn't get that from either of his parents). Spencer has always loved letters and words. He could identify the alphabet at 18 months. It was so weird. But HE was begging ME to learn them. I am so glad he gets to put that enthusasm for letters and reading to good use and learn another language. I was seriously worried he'd be the ADD kid at school, bored and acting out. (If you know Spence, you know he can rarely sit in one place and has enough enthusiasm and energy to supply a small country). Spanish gives him something else to focus on. I am so proud of Spence. Turns out, as his teachers said, he is a leader and example and focuses that energy on learning. Phew! Great kid.
Here is Grant hanging out at the class goodbye party for Ms. Pascual. Oh how he wants to be in school too!

Oh, and I never really spoke to Ms. Pascual in Spanish because I was emabarassed at how much I'v forgotten. I did a study abroad in Spain at BYU (yeah Erica and Heather!) and if I was on top of things, I'd post a picture of ME in Spain. Maybe next time. Until then, Adios Ms. Pascual! We will miss you. Good luck in Spain. Maybe we'll come visit you...
8 comments:
I have heard all about Spencer's Spanish, and I'm so glad you put on this little video of him saying the pledge! Wow, wow, wow. We are trying to get Sage in a Spanish-speaking (1/2 the time?) preschool, and I don't know where to start. It's so nice that he had a teacher he totally admired that spoke Spanish...it gave him a great role model for the language, and a reason to want to excel and do it. That's what we need for Sage, too. Just having Dad speak Spanish all the time isn't quite enough to prove to her that it's the cool thing. Sorry, I have tons of thoughts on the matter. I wish we were in your school district!
That video was great! I've been trying to imagine it in my head for so long! I love those silly pictures of him, with his Russki friends :) I hope his teacher's replacement is at least half as awesome!
That video is AWESOME!!!
Did he really learn is alphabet at 18 months!?!?! That is super cool! That's so sad that he will miss his teacher so much. What a great kid!
Let's definitely meet up when you get here!
That is crazy good. Way to go Spencer!
wow! Great job, Spencer! Also, that does seem like a great school. You must be thrilled.
That is so great!!!! How fantastic to be exposed to another language at such an early age. I am jealous! Fe would be proud. :)
Post a Comment