I don't usually post on weekends when Cal's home (he's gone during the week), but today deserves to be an exception.
I'm cleaning up the boys' room with them, gathering the dirty laundry together. I see a shirt in the corner and ask Spence to get it for me. (Note- it's the shirt he's wearing in the previous post. The one he made at school). Spencer says, "No, mom, leave it there in the corner." To which I protest that it is very dirty and needs to be put in the laundry. Spencer says, "Well, I've noticed that sometimes when I put something in the laundry, it takes a really, really long time to come back. And this is my FAVORITE shirt. So I'll just keep it right there and wear it again."
Yeah. Even my 6 year-old realizes that I rarely get to the bottom of the laundry pile. Dirty Cory secrets exposed. :)
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ha! That's a good one. And good self-control with the blogging. It's easy (for me) to get obsessive about it. (Maybe that's why I'm leaving a comment within 30 seconds of you posting. I need some reform...both in blogging and my own laundry!)
THAT was REALLY funny!! Hee hee!
HA HA! Bethany I love your stories. Your stories make me smile and I can just hear you telling the story! Where does Cal go during the week? What is he doing now? ANd where do you guys live? I feel totally out of it.
That's hilarious:)!!
That's hysterical! And just like me! I dread laundry and I only have two kids. I tell myself it is because I have to take all the clothes down two flights of stairs into the cold unfinished basement, and then bring them all the way back up. Someday my laundry room will be right next to the bedrooms so the clothes never have to travel too far. But my guess is they will still disappear for a while before anyone gets them back.
LOL! This story reminds me of me! You have such cute kids!
Cute story! I wish I would have taken a picture of my laundry sorter yesterday. It would have made you feel good. I've done lots of catching up today. Now, the dreaded part, putting it all away!
Don't you love how children help us see where we need to improve? Never mind telling us what we do right. :) Actually I apreciate the brutal honesty, they are the only ones that will give it! Your kids are adorable. I love it.
That is the funniest thing I have heard all weekend! I am glad you took the time to post!
That is so great! Isn't Laundry the WORST, I seriously hate that it is a never ending chore! Well I hope you got his shirt back from the washing monster!
Post a Comment