Monday, March 31, 2008

Yummy Sunday recipies

I find myself baking in the mornings before church since our services don't start until 1pm. These 'close of a cinnabon' rolls are soooo scrumptious! And since I'm what some would call 'dough retarded,' I use a handy-dandy bread machine to do the hard part for me! Then we roll them out, spread them with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, bake, and SMOTHER them in cream cheese frosting. I'd show you a picture....but there are NONE left. :) You will get lots of compliments on these babies. (Note- these are anything but fat-free, though sometimes I use reduced-fat cream cheese and nobody complains).

Clone of a Cinnabon

1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine, melted
4 ½ cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
½ cup white sugar
2 ½ tsp bread machine yeast

Filling
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 ½ T. ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

Icing
1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt

Place ingredients in pan of bread machine. Select dough cycle. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 min. in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.

Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 min. meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 min. while rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, ¼ cup butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.



Also, if you have whole wheat lying around and don't have a grinder, try these blender pancakes. They are fast and yummy! I was a little nervous about trying to put whole wheat kernels in the blender...but they blend just fine! (And I hear if you blend the milk and wheat and let it sit for a few hours or overnight, you get more nutrients out of it).

Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes

1 cup golden whole wheat
1 1/2 cups milk (+ 1 Tbsp vinegar, ie: buttermilk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Blend 1 cup of milk with wheat for 2-3 minutes. Add rest of milk and
blend for another 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients (add
baking powder last to make it fluffier) and blend. Cook on a hot
skillet until done.

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Drooling. Now. Me.

Nikki said...

When I read your first recipe I actually shrieked with excitement. THANK YOU for posting this! I can't wait to try it. Eeeeeexcellent.

Ashley said...

I'm adding them to the roomie cookbook!

Shelley said...

oh how I love cinnamon rolls!

Meridy said...

I just realized today that I have a bread machine!! Like I knew I did, but I never use it. And I opened my cupboard and there it was and suddenly I saw it with new eyes! I suddenly saw it's potential for good. And I shouted, "I have a bread machine!!!" I thought of your cinnamon roll recipe. I think that I will have to try it. If you have any other good bread machine recipes you can post them. ;)