Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Last 60 Days in 60 seconds or Less...

Yes, we are alive and well! I have been avoiding posting on my blog again because I'm so far behind, I feel like I can't just start up again without explaining the last few months! You know that feeling. The 'I'm so far behind and I'll never catch up' feeling? I'm totally one of those people. So here is my attempt to catch up on what we've been doing in those last 60 days (or so) of blogging silence... in 60 seconds or less.


We had a great last 4th of July in Las Vegas...


And then we packed up our stuff, said good bye to Las Vegas...



And moved to Utah!



We 'house sat' at a friend's house for a few weeks and played with all their toys and dirt while I looked for a place. (Thanks Michaelsons!)






Then we found a place in a great community. It comes complete with a great view, huge yard, a cul-da-sac, and lots of neighborhood kids to play with. What a deal!

We moved in (thanks to the help of my brothers since Cal was over the road), and are starting to settle down. Luckily, I had lots of helpers helping me unpack and fix things.







Grant turned 4 and got a red wagon for his birthday (for his brother to pull him around in, he he).


Dallin turned 1 and had his first chocolate experience. I think he liked it.



He also got his first haircut.



Handsome boy!



And Spencer started 1st grade.


Life has been pretty busy the last 60 days. Despite all the work, we've still found time to lounge around. At least some of us have...




And stop and smell the roses...



We MISS our friends in Las Vegas, but we're excited about our old friends here in UT and the new people we are meeting. Cal is still a busy truck driver, and we cherish every moment together. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's 100% true.


There I did it! On to the blog posts I've REALLY been wanting to do...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I have a really great friend who lives in Saratoga Springs. She love it. They live right buy the church on Thompson? Maybe that is it? WHo knows.
Anyways, I am glad you have moved and that you are happy. Looks like it will be a grat fall!

Megan B ♥ said...

So glad to see you back online. I'm feeling sociable and human again, so maybe we can both keep in better touch :) I LOVE this catch up post and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!! YAY!!

janel said...

Welcome back! To blogging, and Utah. I think Dallin looks so much like a Clawson--and where did all those chubby rolls go? Also, Saratoga Springs sounds mighty close to Murray, where we are now! We went to primary for the first time, and Sage was one of 5 kids in the WHOLE primary (including senior). I'm sure you don't have that problem in your area!

Nikki said...

Welcome home! :D I love the way you did this post- very charming. Your new house is beautiful. Congrats on having a yard!!!!

The Muehlendorfs said...

I've been watching your blog every day for updates. I'm so glad you made it to UT and found a house. A good friend once told me, "Deployments are the great marriage accelerator. They make bad marriages worse and make good marriages better" I'm sure its true with any type of separation and I'm sure you will both grow in strength and love for each other.

Erica said...

Whew! I am tired after reading that...so much has happened in 60 days. I am impressed with how resilient you and your boys are. I guess it is easier when you feel good about the direction that you are moving. :) I am glad you are back in UT...hopefully we can connect the next time we are there.

Kristy said...

Bethany,
We are so glad you moved to Utah. It was so fun to see you on Monday. How about a girls night? It was so good to see your boys!

Heather Rice said...

Yay Bethany! I am so glad you guys are back! I would LOVE to get together soon. I like your idea of Thanksgiving point. We've never been, so we would love to go! Call me! 465-5712
-Heather

Hilary said...

We're so glad to have you guys back! And so close too! I totally know what you're talking about with the "I'm so behind I'll never catch up!" feeling! I'm so there right now!! So excited to see you next week!

Amy said...

so glad you are back on board! We've missed you. Love the house! Your boys are just so cute!

Jennie said...

Haha! Even though I've technically been in 'the loop' about your movings, etc. I still check your blog frequently for updates and tidbits- so I'm soooooooooooo glad you're back! Love love LOVE you and those cute boys!

Mrs. Fisher said...

So glad to see you survived the move! I know how hectic that can be. We just moved (hopefully for the last time--knock on wood) in April and I thought it was going to be the end of me! We are STILL living out of boxes in some areas of our lives. :) Well, I am glad you are getting settled and are back online again. Your house is beautiful!

janet said...

Way to sum it up!!! Happy birthday to little Dallin. and enjoy living by your 'real' family! We miss you guys!

Cassidy said...

So glad to hear you guys are doing well. Great house! I am excited fo r your new life. Even though it kinda of stinks that we never did get together when you lived down here. I am glad you have this blog to keep us updated!