Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sweet and Saxy

My conversation with Spencer after school last week-

Me- So who did you play with today?
Spencer- Um. Brayden. But I think I made a new friend.
Me- Yeah? What did you play?
Spencer- Well, Brayden and this other kid were playing just a dumb game, so I met a new kid and we looked for bugs instead.
Me- What were the other guys playing?
Spencer- They were playing 'chase the sweet and saxy Cheetah girls.'
Me- The what girls?
Spencer- The 'sweet and saxy Cheetah girls.'
Me- Saxy?
Spencer- Yeah, saxy.
Me- Spencer, what does 'saxy' mean?
Spencer- I don't know. But it was a dumb game so I just played with another guy and we found cool bugs.

I'm glad that for now, the 'saxy' girls are not as interesting as the bug are. Let's hope Spencer's interest in snakes and bugs lasts at least a few more years!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Doesn't it freak you out what your kids come home talking about? I'm pretty sure I had no clue what "saxy" was at that age. YIKES! I'm glad you are now settling into your new home. It's very cute!

Meridy said...

Cute house!!! Glad to here you guys are settling in.

Wow...kids these days know WAY too much!!! I'm glad he could recognize that it was a "dumb game".

Hilary said...

Oh, whew! Here's to hoping for a couple more years of innocence!

janel said...

Uh, that's public school in Utah? Not Vegas? Dang it. I'm going to freak out when Sage enters the real world!

Megan B ♥ said...

My friend's 10 year old came home the other day and said "Mommy, did you know that tequila makes your clothes come off? (ps, that's a country song, Beth, if you didn't already know) Tommy's mom used to be an exotic dancer and that's what she said."

AAAAAAACK!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

What happened to your background? It disappeared?

Nikki said...

What a great kid. I'm glad he likes bugs, too! That's scary when you see there are bad influences in your child's life, but I love that Spencer obviously has no problem with telling his friends when they're playing a stupid game and can go off and make a new friend. That takes a leader, doesn't it.

Allison said...

That's amazing. What a stud. I miss Spencer so much! I'm glad things are going well for you and your family.

janet said...

I totally commented on this post a few days ago, but apparently, it didn't go through. bummer. I was just going to say that my husband taught my boys (ages 2 and 3) to say, "mom you're so sexy" and it was so inappropriate. But it was so shocking the first time I heard it, that I laughed, so it stuck with them. Anyway, now that they're older, they think it only means pretty... but I sure hope they keep that to themselves.

Such a funny conversation, though! Cool bugs are so much better than Saxy girls!

Cassidy said...

That is crazy! I was so nervous when Jordan started 1st grade being out of my influences for 6 hours!

Kristy said...

So cute. I love your boys--even though I only spent an hour or so with them. They are so full of life.