Don't you love my title? :)
1. I used to buy smelly soap so I could tell if my kids washed their hands or not, because for SOME reason, boys would rather lie about washing their hands and eat with gross germs and dirt than actually use a little soap and water. So I used to have them wash their hands and then come back so I could 'smell' their watermelon hands, or whatever scented soap we had. This is what Grant said to me today:
Grant- Mom, I washed my hands.
Me- Did you really wash them?
Grant- Yeah. I did. Wanna smell my breath?
I smelled his breath just to humor him (and myself), I was laughing so hard!
2. I often prep Grant about house rules before he goes to somebody's house. I was on my way to drop him off at our neighborhood co-op (the COOLEST thing EVER invented, by the way). I was busy, distracted and in a hurry, but I had managed to mention to Grant that this was a house he had never been to before. Grant has apparently actually been listening to those past 'house rules pep talks,' because out of the blue, THIS is what he announced to ME in the car...
Grant- Ok, Mom. Let's go over the rules.
Number 1. NO sneaking food out of their pantry.
Number 2. NO running around like you're crazy.
Number 3. NO going outside unless they say.
I was laughing so hard. I don't think I've ever said any of those rules except for number 3. Oh, and if you know Grant and his food obsession, you'll find #1 even funnier. I catch him in the pantry 10 seconds after lunch saying, "But mom, I'm starving!" Crazy kid.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love how you're getting a taste of the inner workings of his brain. So funny!
Hey Bethany! So, I know I am totally being a blog-stalker, but I am so excited that you have one! I found it on the Harvest recipe thingy. Anyway--so fun!
I miss Grant! And you too of course. ;)
that is hilarious beth! grant is pretty much the funniest kid ever! wish you guys lived closer...
Yes, I love your title! I totally know what you mean!
What a funny kid! I love it when the kids try to do the lecturing. I'm so glad you wrote this!
Post a Comment