As many of you know, Cal and I have been working on a project for the last few months. It is a website called 'The Family Soup.' It's a collection of my own thoughts as well as articles (stories and experiences, really) from men and women on the realities of life, including motherhood, fatherood, marriage, divorce, mental illness, parenthood, money, death, dating, and childbirth.
If you want to know why I started it, click here:
http://thefamilysoup.com/Blog/?page_id=2
Here is the email Cal wrote to describe it:
Dear family and friends,
In recent years Bethany and I have come in contact with many individuals and families who shared with us their amazing stories of both victory and defeat. While facing some serious challenges to our own family, these stories from real people made deep and lasting impressions on us and blessed us with the ability to accept our own weaknesses and exercise the right kind of faith toward a miraculous recovery.
Since that time, we have often been approached by others passing through trials and searching for the support and hope that real resolutions to real problems are actually possible. Aside from sharing our own experiences with them, we found ourselves acting as a circuit board; constantly relating and matching stories from one party to another, watching how the experiences of regular everyday unprofessional people also made deep and lasting impressions on others who needed to hear them.
As a result, Bethany and I have spent the better part of this year developing the concept of a website that could act as that circuit board; allowing more people to share their experiences and readers to find those stories that interest them. We've worked hard to put it together and it's finally here! We excitedly welcome you to: TheFamilySoup.com
We've had many submissions and chances are you know some of the authors! We hope you'll come and open your mouth by either submitting or commenting. Whether humorous or solemn, we invite you to be yourself and be courageous enough to let others know what challenges you've faced and have or haven't yet overcome. Please don't underestimate the value of your story; we can still remember specific experiences shared with us that changed the course of our family's future.
The general mission of the site will be to promote legitimate values as found in "The Proclamation on the Family" and true principles of happiness, demonstrable through experience. To support this effort, we'll be sharing our own thoughts and experiences in an accompanying blog which is easily accessed from the main site (www.thefamilysoup.com/blog).
We look forward to your opinions on issues that are raised in those discussions. See you there.
Calvin and Bethany Cory
So please take a look and spread the word to anyone that might enjoy it. Thanks!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Bethany,
I've been meaning to tell you that you can use my blog post: "Sympathizing with Marie Antoinette" if you want a funny story for the family soup site. I posted it in March, so if you want to read it and see if it would work feel free. I can tweek it for you if you want.
Looks interesting. I'll be sure to check it out.
I love what you are doing. I stayed up until midnight on Saturday reading through a bunch of entries on the site. I think what you are doing is really fabulous. I will do a write up about it on my own blog. I think that you will really help so many people by sharing experiences and stories. Way to go. I have always said that you and Cal are destined for greatness. This feels like the beginning of something AMAZING!
Post a Comment