This is a record- 3 posts in one day! But I just had to record this.
This morning I was herding the kids to the garage to get them buckled in and off to school. I opened the door to the garage, pushed the garage door button, and then we headed outside (where I parked the car last night). Grant was faster than me, so he made it to the garage door as it was moving before I did. I don't know what was going through his mind, but suddenly, he grabbed onto the bottom of the garage door and hung on as it was sliding up!!! He got a free ride for a few seconds until I managed to get there and pull him off. The best was the look on his face, standing under the door, like a little bird had just whispered this brilliant idea in his ear. It was like he just discovered how to fly. He was so excited about his little trick, but I couldn't help picturing him pushing the garage door button on his own, running to catch his ride, and then getting squished in the top, or letting go and falling to the cement. Scary! Grant usually keeps his feet planted firmly on the ground. I expect things like that from Spencer, but Grant?
Really?! Why do boys think of such things?
When I told Cal, he reminded me of the days he used to climb on his roof and ride the door down and jump off (this was pre-electronic garage door days). I'll never understand boys!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Even if you never understand boys, as you claim, at least you have the great reflexes to keep them safe!
Oh yeah. I definitely remember riding the garage door. That thing was sweet.
My girls have tried doing this and it scares me to death..I'm sure Finn will try and succeed one of these years.
So, in my head I'm half screaming, half laughing. The horror and humor all rolled up into one is so confusing! Seriously, that story is so hilarious.
Q: Why do boys think of these things?
A: Because we are awesome.
Oh I do miss Grant. I hope Santa gives him is flashlight. ;)
Post a Comment