Dallin is growing up! He is a little talker now and makes himself a part of all our conversations by repeating random words and phrases we say. It is such a fun age. He is also learning to express his opinion. "No Dwant!" which means, "No Grant!" And, "Moow sammy," which means "more sandwich," and lots of other funny phrases. He has learned the art of facial expressions, and is getting very good at furrowing his eyebrows. This is often accompanied by the word 'no' or 'icky.' Like when he pointed to a freckle on my arm and said (with furrowed eyebrows), "icky!"
My personal favorite is that he has learned his brother's names. When we pick up Spencer at school, as we pull up he points and says, "Bencer!" Sometimes he randomly points to our family picture and will say, "Dwant! Bencer! Mom! Daddy!" I love his excitement.
So before bedtime the other night, I had Dallin help me answer some important questions for me.
Me- Dallin, who should go to bed earliest tonight? Spencer or Grant?
Dallin- Dwant.
Me- Who should do the dishes before bed? Grant or Spencer?
Dallin- Bencer.
Me- Who is the silliest kid in the family? Spencer or Grant?
Dallin- Dwant.
Me- Who should eat ice cream for breakfast? Grant or Spencer? (Spencer and Grant waiting eagerly for the answer)
Dallin- Bencer.
As you can tell, Dallin simply repeats the last name he heard. It is a very funny game and is thoroughly enjoyed by all.
It's cute when they can express themselves, and yet I'm a little nervous to hear everything he is thinking... I caught him telling a little boy "NO!"on the McDonald's playground today- with furrowed eyebrows. I don't know what they were fighting about- there aren't any toys there! For better or worse, he is learning to assert himself- and imitate his brothers. (They love to hear him repeat words like 'booger." Ha ha ha.) If they whack him with a couch pillow, he'll whack them back. He is my cuddliest boy. I hope he doesn't loose that all together!
Dallin has taken to coloring. Look at how intense he is! I've had to move all markers and crayons because he could get to them- and he did several times. Oops.
He has also figured out how to put train tracks together and now he loves trains. We went to a local Train Exhibit last weekend and he loved seeing all the moving trains!
Grant loved them too. I love his facial expression as the train came through.
Spencer liked the train that went around a pirate lego set-up. Cool!
I am surrounded by boys!

3 comments:
I love reading about your little family, even though I don't comment often! Dallin sure reminds me of Mark.
What a sweet little boy and LOOK at all that hair! I can't wait until life settles down just a little so that we can hang out again. I miss you!
I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Man time flies.
Post a Comment