Grant has taken a particular interest in this new baby in my tummy. He likes to put his head on my stomach to see if he is kicking. A few nights ago Spence and Grant and I were talking about possible boy names and they designed a system for deciding on a name. They would take turns saying a name loudly at my belly (like Anikan from Star Wars, or Whoopie Cushion- good thing I already have a name). Then if the baby kicked, it meant he liked the name. Again, good thing I already have a name in mind, or 'Baby Whoopie Cushion' would have a really hard life.
So yesterday morning Grant was sitting on the couch next to me, resting his head on my belly as Cal and I were discussing the days events. In his hand he was holding a bowl of honey nut cheerios. Suddenly he says to me, "Mom, where does your baby come out?" Cal and I looked at each other awkwardly and kind of thought for a second. Immediately Grant asked again. "Where does the baby come out?"
I swear only a few seconds of silence passed as I was contemplating how much to tell him, when Grant said, "I don't want to know HOW he comes out. I want to know WHERE he comes out- so I can hold a cheerio in front of him and he can be the first thing he eats when he comes out!"
Wow. That was a very interesting thought Grant!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can imagine a little Robb saying something like that.
LOL! Close call, Beth!
And you said......? LOL!!
It was very convenient that the babies came right out of my stomach with a scalpel this time around. A much less complicated discussion at our house :)
Kayla started asking so many of those questions when we told her we were having a baby and my stomach got bigger. She seemed satisfied with the answers I gave her but I froze for a minute trying to decide what to say!
Cindy
Hahaha!! I love your kids soooooooooooooo much! They're just so darn clever!!
Who would think of such a thing?!
A cheerio? That is hilarious! It just goes to show you never know what they are thinking. That is one of the funniest things ever. You got lucky on that one.
Post a Comment