Monday, January 11, 2010

Spencer's Baptism


On Jan 2nd Spence was baptized and it was a great weekend. He was so excited. The morning of, he got up early and got dressed in his suit all on his own. (If only school mornings were so simple!) When Dallin woke up, he wanted to be just like Spencer and kept asking for HIS suit and wasn't happy until it was on- tie and all. I love how he wants to be just like Spencer.

We had lots of friends and family in attendance and it was a great day. The only glitch was that Cal and I both thought the other one had brought the camera. Oops! Luckily we had other photographers that stepped in (Julie, you saved the day!) and got some good shots. Don't know how we let that one slip. Must have been the chaos at the last minute, because we had the batteries all charged and ready to go.

So proud of all my handsome boys! I'm surrounded.

It was a tender day for us as parents. Our ward has a tradition of having those in attendance write a little note to the one who was baptized on an index card. Then the Primary puts them together for you on a ring to take home. Spencer loved reading the comments where people shared their love for him and for the gospel. He keeps in his new scripture case, which he picked out that week and is so proud of. My brother Stephen who is currently serving a mission sent him a special letter about baptism to read that day, and it also resides in his scripture case. I love that Stephen was able to be a part of his day even though he is several states away.


After the baptism we had a 'Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa' spin off pot luck lunch. Mmm! It was very tasty and there was hardly a scrap of food left. And then I took a 3 hour nap.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm glad it was such a special day. I wish I could have been there. And you have such a good-lookin' family!

TearsaJoy said...

Aaaaaaw! Thanks for sharing!

Megan B ♥ said...

Sounds like a wonderful, perfect, amazing celebration! Congrats to Spencer for his wonderful new life as a baptized guy!! You are raisin' a fine family, my dear!