Friday, January 8, 2010

Morning Surprise

This morning after driving Spence and the carpool to school, I crawled back in bed under the warm covers and dozed off. I heard Dallin in his bed stirring, but I figured he'd let me know when he was serious about getting up. I've definitely hit the '3rd trimester' laziness/fatigue stage.

About 20 min later I heard Dallin yelling from his crib, "Mom! Open da door! Mooooooooom... open da doooooor." I thought that was pretty cute and pulled myself out of bed to get him. I opened the door and found a totally naked child jumping around in his crib! He had removed his sleeper AND his diaper. It was the funniest thing to see my little boy standing up holding onto the crib buck naked- just staring at me. I died laughing. Serves me right for leaving him in there.

He may be smart enough to undo his pjs and diaper, he knows most of the alphabet and counts well, but Dallin does not know he could easily climb out of his crib if he wanted to. SHHHHHH! Please don't tell him! This is the longest any of my kids have stayed in their crib. :) (Spence was 15 mon. when he climbed out.) Hopefuly I can squeeze in a few more lazy mornings before I have to fight that battle...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I remember my mom used to safety pin the little tab-piece at the top of the zipper closed on my little brother, Donny's, sleepers. He was a very dedicated nudist.