Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brothers


Grant is especially fond of Evan. He was the most sensitive during my pregnancy too. He keeps telling me oh so sweetly, "Mom, you are the specialist one in our family because you are the ONLY one that can have a baby." Its sweet that a 5 yr-old can make me feel mushy and special. :) Evan also looks the most like Grant. Maybe they will have a special bond.



Dallin was very aware of the baby in mommy's tummy before he came. Now that he's here, he keeps pointing to him saying, "He's out! Yook, he's out!" It makes me laugh every time.



Spencer thinks Evan is great. He really wants him to grow fast so he can teach him all his karate moves. Spencer is a very wiggly, active boy of late (ok, he always was, but lately its like he's lost control of his body!). He wanted to hold Evan so I had him hold him while I emptied the dishwasher- longer than the 30 seconds he was intending. I realized that having Spencer hold Evan helps in 2 ways. 1) It keeps Evan safe and protected. 2) It keeps Spencer in one place. Am I a mean mom?!


Spence and Grant have adjusted beautifully to having Evan around. They are quite helpful actually and don't complain at all. They especially love watching for funny facial expressions brought on by toots, poops or spits ups. It makes them giggle every time.



I can hardly believe I have 4 sons! Honestly, I really, really love it. We just feel like a family. I love these boys!



Last week Dallin was having a hard time adjusting to Evan. He was grumpier and meaner and did a lot of whining and yelling, which was surprising since he's usually fairly mellow. You can tell from this picture that he's only so happy to be holding the baby...



Then there's this picture. Dallin suddenly decided he wanted to hold the baby and I happened to catch a picture of him grabbing Evan's face! Dal's grumpy look captures what he was like last week. After some loving Grandma and Grandpa time (the Corys came and took Dal on a special grandparent outing for a day) and a little TLC from mom and dad, this week he likes Evan just fine. He helps Evan stay warm by putting blankets on him and gets his pacifier when he drops it. And he is my expert diaper-throw-away-er. I think we're going to adjust ok after all.


This is Dallin packed up and ready to go on his special outing with Grandma and Grandpa. Could he BE more pleased?!



3 comments:

Bethany C. said...

I just realized how grateful I am for family helping out. Who says it doesn't take a village to raise a family anymore?!

janel said...

I wish our end of the SL village were closer to your end! And that picture of Dal grabbing Evan's face is AWESOME (in a really sad way, but in a really funny family history way).

Nielson said...

He is so cute! Congrats!!! I love how much your boys love him too--even Dallin :) And that April fools dinner is so cute--we'll have to try that sometime!