Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Coming Home

The boys came home from Grandma's house on Monday evening and we had our first official night together as a family of 6. Grandma Cory had come up to visit too. When the kids burst through the door, it felt like somebody had just burst a pinata- everyone was running around like crazy! We had a brief FHE lesson where the kids came up with rules of how to behave around the baby.

The first few rules were great: No throwing toys around Evan. Ask permission before you hold him. Wash your hands, etc.

Then the rules got very interesting: No jumping over his car seat (Spencer actually did this when Dallin came home from the hospital, so its kind of a joke now). No yelling in Evan's face. No taking candy from him. (?!) No slicing him with a sword. (?!?!) We stopped taking rule suggestions after that one. :)

Dallin has an odd habit of running around the hallway in our house when he poops (in his diaper). Yes, when he starts running, we know he is pooping. Very odd. During the lesson he started his 'run' and kept saying, "I can't do it! It's not working!" Spence and Grant (who had already been discussing an excessive amount of potty talk at dinner) were making all kinds of comments about poop and stinky Dallin, and laughing at Evan's noisy poop noices. Cal changed Dallin, and then he pooped again. While all this was going on I began changing Evan's diaper. Apparently he wasn't finished yet because he SHOT poop out all over my shirt and on my chin! Everybody froze and then I started laughing so hard I was crying (or maybe I was just crying- not sure). 2 hours home with 4 boys and already there is TOO MUCH POOP! It was a memorable night.

After they went to bed I cried. The first day home from the hospital is always an adjustment.

2 comments:

elopingcamel said...

You're amazing, Bethany. We love hearing about your adventures with those boys. Thanks.

janel said...

I can see how a lot of hormones and a lot of little boy testosterone might be a hard combination...Hang in there! Also, on the bright side, maybe Dallin will be easy to potty train?