Today was the first day back on carpool for kindergarten. Grant was so pleased. When the kids got in the car he said, "Look! My mom's back!" I would almost agree. Yesterday I had dinner on the table, the dishes mostly done, and the house basically cleaned up at 6 o'clock when Cal got home. That was a first since Evan was born- ok since before Evan was born! (Today is not looking so productive. It comes in waves. In fact, today's looking like another 'Taco Tuesday' from Del Taco. Can't beat 3 tacos for$1!)
Anyway, I digress. As we are driving to school, Grant says, "Mom? What is a Gavinator?" "A Gavinator?" I ask. "Is it the name of a kid at school?" "No,"says Grant. "It's like the person who sits in the front seat and tells the driver which way to go?"
"A NAVIGATOR?" I ask.
"Oh, a navigator!" says Grant. "Yeah, that thing."
__________________________________
Last night Spencer was chatty as usual, telling us all about this or that at dinner. Somewhere in the middle of it all I heard him say, "...and I was using my stick for a crotch."
Calvin and I looked at each other like, "did you just hear him say crotch?" It took a minute to realize that he meant CRUTCH and we burst out laughing! He was using his stick for a crutch. Not crotch. Oh the things kids say.
_________________________________
So after I finished typing the above, I realized Dallin had been entirely too quiet. I went upstairs to look for him and could not find him! I started to panic and called out, "Dallin, I have a treat for you. Where are you?" Dallin will do anything for candy. Silence. Now I knew there was trouble. Guess where I finally found him? Asleep under Dallin's crib! He had crawled under there with his blanket (and Spencer's gum-sneaky kid) and had fallen asleep. That is a first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment